Walthers has announced a new run of their EMD SW1 switchers, including two Pennsylvania Railroad road numbers. The Pennsy classed these ES6. The road numbers are 8590 and 9137.
Sadly, this is a Walthers MainLine offering and there is no DCC/sound offering. Granted, it is a challenge to get DCC and sound into a loco this small, but it can be done. In this day and age, we expect every locomotive offering to have DCC and sound.
* Limited Edition -- One Time Run of These Roadnumbers!
* Prototypes in Service 1930s Thru Mid-70s -- Some Still Operating Today
* Factory-Installed 8-Pin DCC Plug
* All-New Drive Mechanism: - 14:1 Helical-Cut Gears for Quiet Operating & Easy Multiple Unit Operation - 5-Pole Skew-Wound Armature Motor - All-Wheel Drive & Electrical Pickup - Dual Machined Brass Flywheels
* Directional Lighting
* Heavy Die Cast Chassis
* Correct 40" Turned Metal Wheelsets
* Proto MAX(TM) Metal Knuckle Couplers
The artwork suggests the release depicts the units later in life. The MSRP is $99.98 and delivery is expected in December 2013.