The Pennsylvania Railroad Technical & Historical Society (PRRT&HS) has published the first in a series of valuation map DVD's from its archives at Lewistown.
The contents of this set are based on the extent of the Pittsburgh Division during the PRR's organization structure from 1940 into 1949.
- PRR "Record of Transportation Lines" -- December 31, 1940
- PRR Valuation Maps, corrected to 1949
- PRR Track Charts, December 31, 1945
- PRR CT1000, List of Stations and Sidings, May 1, 1945
- USGS Historic Topographic Maps
Files are distributed in PDF format and may be opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader (free). Individual image (jpeg) files are also included for use in photo editing software.
The two-disk set sells for a mere $25, which I commend the Society for offering for such an affordable price. Society members are indebted to the Archives Committee for making this all possible.
The Middle Division is slated to be the second release.