Railroad Heritage Days
- Railroad Heritage Days
- Sat, September 9, 2017 - Sun, September 10, 2017
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania - Strasburg, PA
- Created by:
- 300 Gap Road
About the Museum
The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania houses one of the most significant collections of historic railroad artifacts in the world. Devoted to preserving and interpreting the broad impact of railroad development on society, the Museum:
- Displays over 100 locomotives and cars from the mid-19th and 20th centuries, including the priceless Pennsylvania Railroad Historical Collection.
- Has restored many of these unique survivors to original appearance, and pursues a major restoration program.
- Conducts educational programs for all ages, provides tours and holds special events, many in cooperation with outside organizations. The innovative Railway Education Center provides a focus for exciting learning.
- Houses extensive exhibits of railroad artifacts, plus priceless art work, books, photographs and corporate railroad material.
- Recognizes that railroad history is alive and continues being made in this new millennium. The Museum uses new technologies to preserve and interpret the unfolding story.
- Seeks to enhance its world-class status through a process of steady improvements involving public-private partnerships.
Hours: Open Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 12pm-5pm.
Open Mondays (April through October) 9am-5pm.
Closed New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Admission: Adults (12 to 64): $10.00, Seniors (65 and over): $9.00, Youth (3 to 11): $8.00, Children (2 and under): Free of charge
Phone: (717) 687-8628