The Society's archives are housed in the former PRR passenger station at Lewistown, PA, which was built in 1849 and is currently owned by the PRRT&HS. Restoration of the station is complete and work is now underway cataloging and organizing the thousands of PRR documents that are on-hand. The station serves as a research facility for members and others.
The following collections are maintained by the Society and are currently available for review on this website:
Mechanical Files -- PRR Mechanical Department Files
Other collections will be added here as they are processed.
DOING RESEARCH AT THE ARCHIVES
The archives are open for research by appointment only, so that adequate volunteer staff can be present at a mutually convenient time. Prospective researchers should contact Ian Fischer and let him know what subjects they wish to research. He can provide some advice on what we are likely to have on that subject, so the researcher can decide whether a trip to Lewistown is likely to be worthwhile.
Requests for research visits, with the subject of the research and proposed dates for the visit, should be sent to Ian Fischer via email at: email@example.com .
We regret that we cannot perform the research for you.
STATION AND ARCHIVE COMMITTEE
Working to Preserve the Heritage of The Standard Railroad of the World
RICH ADER - CHAIRMAN & STATION AGENT
CHARLIE HORAN - ARCHIVIST
IAN FISCHER - RESEARCH & DATA BASE MANAGER
CHARLIE WOODWARD - VOLUNTEER SESSIONS MANAGER
DICK PRICE - MICROFILM DRAWING MANAGER
RICH ADER - ACCESSIONS MANAGER
BOB JOHNSON - CHAIRMAN EMERITUS
PRR Employee Research
Guidelines for Accepting Donations
Home for historians and modelers of the Pennsylvania Railroad!
Keystone Crossings has served 21982745 pages since June 1, 1997.